The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs which work together to clean and filter all the toxic and waste material in the body.
Nearly 80 percent of our immune cells are contained in the gut, particularly in the GALT, a gut associated lymphatic tissue. The lymphatic system is made of lymphocytes, known as white blood cells, which are also stored in the spleen, appendix, bone marrow, behind the heart, and all lymph nodes throughout the body.
The body pumps 90 percent blood and sends it back to the heart. The other 10 percent comprise the lymph. All bacteria, toxins, viruses, chemicals, and cancerous cells are passed through the lymph, where the body is warned if a foreign compound needs to be eliminated.
The lymphatics are the leftover blood which covers each organ in the body. If the lymph doesn’t flow properly, due to the standard American diet which is highly unhealthy, then cancer cells and toxic waste cannot be removed.
In that case, the waste is eliminated by the bowels. These toxins eat away the system and are not recognized by the immune system in the lymph, but are rather exposed to organs and cause metastasis.
The lymphatic system is exposed to a wide range of toxins on a daily basis, such as pollution, food additives, smoking, chemicals, pesticides, exhausts, and prescription pill ingredients. What’s more, most people fail to get sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals, which causes the system to falter. Below you have a few symptoms of sluggish lymphatic system.
Breast swelling or soreness with each cycle.
Dry or itchy skin.
Cold hands/feet/poor circulation.
Discoloration of legs.
Tips to get the lymph flowing.
Any activity which creates moments of zero gravity helps the lymph move. This typically requires muscular effort which is pushing against gravity.
YOGA, an exercise which detoxifies and rejuvenates sluggish lymph systems.
3. Deep breathing.
Taking deep breaths is a good way to move the lymph towards the lymphatic channels.
Eliminating processed food and avoiding pesticides or GMO. Make sure you include more whole foods in your diet and focus on a plant based diet.
5. Lots of red foods.
Red foods like beets, cranberries, cherries, and pomegranates are extremely effective in stimulating the lymph and are widely used to cleanse the system.
6. Dry brush in the morning.
Dry brushing with a natural bristle brush is a good way to get your lymph moving. Make sure you brush upwards on the arms and legs towards the heart, using circular motions.
7. Drink plenty of lukewarm water.
Lukewarm water lubricates the lymph and allows is to flow easier.
Gentle massages stimulate the lymph up to the heart. They also help with stress, which is often the cause of poor lymph flow.
As reported, low iodine is a common sign of improper lymph flow. Iodine basically promotes toxin removal from the lymph, which is the reason why you should aim at keeping healthy iodine levels.