Cancer has been one of the leading illnesses in our present time. In fact, in the latest report from Reuters, patients infected with this disease has increased by 8.2M in the year 2012. One of the leading cancer illnesses that has been reported is breast cancer.
In the U.S. alone, it has been found that patients with this illness has reached 697,020 and these are both male and female patients. The leading cause that led to the said illness is the change in the lifestyle of people.
What are the causes of breast cancer?
Doctors and Physicians are still clueless as to the exact cause of this illness. However, they have come with several possible reasons why one person would develop such an illness. Among these are:
- Getting older – the older a woman gets, the higher is her risk of developing the illness
- Genetics – women who have a close relative who has/had breast or ovarian cancer are more likely to contract this cancer.
The majority of breast cancer patients however, are not hereditary. Women who carry the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes have a considerably higher risk of developing breast and/or ovarian cancer. These genes can be inherited. TP53, another gene, is also linked to greater breast cancer risk.
- Previous Breast Cancer Patients
- Having had certain types of breast lumps –
- Dense breast tissue
- Estrogen exposure
- Alcohol consumption
- Radiation exposure
- HRT (hormone replacement therapy)
- Cosmetic implants
Since there is no specific cause for breast cancer, it is best to find ways on how to prevent acquiring the said illness. Here are some of the possible ways for you to prevent contracting the disease.
1. Exercise – There is nothing more important that providing proper exercise as part of our daily routine.
2. Diet – Along with exercise would come along proper diet in order to keep yourself fit.
3. Taking supplements – A lot of herbal supplements are out in the market today that have several good effects or benefits to our body. For one to be able to prevent contracting cancer, they must get supplements that contain high ORAC values or in order words, a lot of anti-oxidants. There are a lot of anti-oxidant supplements out in the market today and among them are the following:
– Goji Berry
– Acai Berry
– Maqui Berry
Summing things up, cancer is something that we can prevent if we would only be able to build our immune system with the aid of anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidant rich foods are found in:
- Small Red Beans
- Wild Blueberry
- Red Kidney Bean
- Pinto Bean
Having all these fruits listed, it would be best to take at least one of these or to include them in our daily food regimen.